Hi! I’m Christina, an award winning blogger, savvy social influencer and blog coach. I started my blog, It Is a Keeper, in 2010 as a hobby and eventually grew it to a full-time business. Today, I make as much money with my blog as I did when I was working full time.
As a self-taught blogger, I learned how to do things by trial and error. I love helping bloggers make smart decisions and take their blogs to the next level.
I’m a busy work-at-home mom, wife, self-proclaimed recipe hoarder, Cub Scout leader, Sunday School teacher, chauffeur and the chief cook and bottle washer for my blog, It Is a Keeper. I live in gorgeous northeastern Pennsylvania with my husband and my smart, silly and spunky son.
I started blogging at It Is a Keeper in 2010. At first it was only a hobby but today, blogging is my job. I am so fortunate to have the opportunity to work from home doing what I love. Some days, it’s crazy busy, like the running-my-dishwasher-three-times-in-a-single-afternoon kind of busy. But most days, I’m able to connect with all kinds of amazing people, swap recipes and hang out in the kitchen.
I’m a self-taught blogger and influencer. 90% of what I know I learned the hard way. I read piles of eBooks on blogging. I asked hundreds of questions. I Googled a LOT. I made TONS of mistakes but I looked at each one as a learning experience. And, I’m happy to share what I know with other bloggers.
20 Things About Me
- I am named after two of my great-grandmothers
- My middle name as a letter that is not in our alphabet
- I graduated from Penn State with a BS in Management Science and Information Systems
- I’ve never really worked in the Information Systems field.
- We have a (really) big black cat named Jack
- We live in the Scranton, PA area — you know, the city from The Office
- We are renovating my grandparent’s home – my husband is quite the DIY guy
- My favorite song of all time is Convoy by CW McCall (most people have never heard of it)
- My favorite movie is Footloose (it’s also my second favorite song)
- I detest the Electric Slide
- My husband and I met at work
- In high school, I was on the Rifle Team…really!
- I was also a pretty good trap shooter (the clay bird type) back in the day
- I have a soft spot for veterans – they are true heros
- My favorite flowers are hydrangeas
- I am fascinated by all things Southern – I think I was born on the wrong side of the Mason-Dixon line
- I’m very clumsy – I once fell off the end of Norway
- I am a (s)mother – I worry a lot, hug a lot and always want to be involved
- I have a hard time saying NO
- I am petrified of snakes
- Contributor on WNEP’s (local ABC affiliate) Home & Backyard program
- Field editor for Taste of Home magazine
- Featured as Taste of Home magazine’s Bloggers We Love (April/May 2015)
- Featured on Huffington Post’s Awesome School Lunches
- Featured on QVC.com
- Featured on AllParenting.com
- Appeared on WBRE’s (local NBC affiliate) PA Live program
- Named one of the Top 25 Women in Business (2015) by the NEPA Business Journal
- Named Best Blog in 2014 by Happenings Magazine
- Named Best Local Blog in 2014 by The Weekender’s Reader’s Choice Awards
- Named Best Local Blogger in 2013 by The Electric City
Check out the rest of my media features here.
I would love to hear from you. Feel free to send me your feedback and questions. You can leave me a comment or you connect with me here:
All photographs and content on Christina-Hitchcock.com are taken by me and are copyrighted (unless otherwise noted). Please don’t use any of my posts or photos without prior approval. If you would like to share my content on your website, you may use one of my photos with a link back to the original post on my blog.
*Disclaimer: This page may include affiliate links. While I earn a small percentage of sales from these items, the price you pay for these items was not increased to compensate me . Thank you for your ongoing support.